Steph - I would much prefer to be on the water moving (even if motoring) than to spend the afternoon sitting at a Road Town dock waiting for crew to arrive (and very likely too late an arrival to be able to depart Road Town and get to an anchorage by sunset).

Let's assume you're ready to depart by Noon. It's 7.7nm to Soper's Hole so you're moored by 1:15pm. Dinghy to BVI C&I to clear out (with manifest completed in advance), and return should take less than 30 minutes, so you're underway by 1:45pm. It's 6.5nm to the Lind Pt moorings near Cruz Bay so you're moored there by 2:45pm. It's a 5 minute dinghy to Cruz Bay - I would beach & lock up the dinghy by the ferry dock where your crew will arrive. Walk 200 yards to the US customs trailer (with your CBP-1300 and I-418 forms completed in advance). You should be out of their office by 3:15pm. This gives you time to walk over to Cruz Bay Landings for a bushwacker as your crew arrives on the Red Hook-Cruz Bay ferry that departs at 3pm and is offloaded by 3:30~3:40pm. You're back on the boat by 4pm, with time for a quick swim at Honeymoon/Salomon Beach or to reposition to Caneel Bay or Francis Bay/Maho Bay mooring fields, if you choose, or enjoy dinner ashore in Cruz Bay.

Definitely spend 2 days in St John, then clear back in at JVD.