Copied from bvi community board on facebook

Just receive this email from Traci at STT Cargo- thought i'd post it here in case someone could lend a hand in getting the message to the yacht. Thanks

-Ok, Jade, here is the strange story.

I work with the yacht carriers. I had a yacht carrier, Donaugracht, headed into St. Thomas today. They passed a vessel called Midnight. Midnight had lost their dinghy.

Well - believe it or not, Donaugracht was able to recover the dinghy that SY Midnight lost. They have hoisted it onto their deck. Donaugracht will come to the Crown Bay Ship Terminal tomorrow evening.

I need to get in contact with SY Midnight. I believe they are at the mouth of the marina there in Spanish Town.

Can you call on the VHF and relay my contact information to them . . . or take them a copy of this email?

We need to be able to get their dinghy back to them.

Please have them email me or call me: 340 690-9349.

I have left a voice mail on their phone, but when I called their number, it went straight to voice mail. I am not sure they are checking this European phone number.

I would appreciate any assistance you can offer in getting into contact with them.

I have contacted the US Coast Guard about this, but they are concerned they will create an event (man overboard or search/rescue) if they try to initiate contact. Coast Guard has asked that I do my best to reach Midnight. Hopefully, you are able to connect the final link in getting their dinghy back to them.

I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Warren S/V Scuba Doo
Lagoon 50 (winner of best crewed yacht under 55 feet at the St. Thomas crewed yacht boat show).

https://www.cyabrochure.com/ebn/2307/pdyrX/6642/4///