SeaSeaRider - I had your boat out from Jan 19-Jan 30. Cecilia was correct that we loved the boat and had no issues. This was our second charter on a later model Leopard 46. It's got a great practical layout for four couples and it sails fast (we hit 12 knots SOG on a broad reach up the coast of Virgin Gorda in 22 knot apparent wind; last year we topped out at 13.5 knots; we held our own with a Voyage 52 sailing to Anegada).

This was our first charter with ProValor Charters (my reference points are 14 prior charters with Sunsail, 4 with TMM, and 1 with Conch). They're a smaller operation, but you get great personal service from Jim and Cecilia. We did a sleepaboard and we were off the dock by 10 am (and could have been off by 9 am if my crew had been ready). They also do not require the yacht to be returned until 11 am on the last day; they take care of the refueling when you return, and charge you only for fuel used.

I like the location of the PVC base in Fat Hog's Bay compared to the Roadtown bases as it gets much better breeze, has a great sunrise view out towards Round Rock and Ginger Island, puts you closer to Virgin Gorda if you want to "race" to the Baths or gives you a little longer first day downwind sail to Peter or Norman. There's a small Riteway next door and a bakery a block away.

One difference between PVC and most other charter companies is that they hold a refundable $3000 deposit against damage to the yacht compared to the typical mandatory $40-$50 per day insurance at many other companies. If you're a prudent and careful sailor you should wind up saving about $500 just in insurance on a 10-day charter.