Originally Posted by WLE
I've been involved with producing, promoting, and marketing beef here and exporting it for many years and I'm sure this may sound biased.
However, I can assure you that there is nothing better than U.S.Choice beef, preferably Angus or Certified Angus. I realize the price in
St. Maarten is two and half times more than in the mid-west, but that's what it takes to make it available.
Someone mention the New Zealand meat, which may be alright for slow cooking, but we prefer grilling to get the best flavor.
The U.S.importers use a lot of the New Zealand product to blend into the hamburger, you can guess why.

Are you saying Choice is better than Prime? And Angus is not certified by the USDA.
New Zealand makes a great lamb product. I prefer Rack of Lamb from NZ over anything the US produces.
And what about the price you mention in the "mid-west". That certainly is not the price we get on the coasts.
Not understanding your post.
But yes, we got US Prime at Merchant's Market back when we lived there. And the old lady that owned it and LaRosa was Cuban.
She liked her Johnny Walker and I had to have it on hand for her.
They were headquartered in WPB area I believe and had a home on PB.
Cheers
irina