We spent yesterday on Pinel. Lots of local ( forgot it was Saturday ) and a lot of chairs were reserved on the front, even though we were on the first boat over. Didn’t matter, we had a great view and perfect weather day. Ate at Karibunu. Fish sandwich...do you see a pattern here? This time with sweet potatoes. Delicious!

Went to Le Pimient for dinner. Had scallops and beef stew. So glad they’re back. Love that place!
We decided to go to all 3 Orient beach bars while we are here to give back. Went to Kon Tiki today. Every chair on the front was reserved. A lot of which never showed up. Oh well, second row was fine. Made a reservation for lunch at 1 and it started to pour at 12 so we went up to see if we could be seated early. No problem. We sat down and waited...no one paid any attention to us. People were seated after us, all around us. They got their drink, food and still no one came to our table. We tried to get their attention but I swear, it was like they didn’t see us. Finally, the apparent manager came over and asked if we had been waited on and we said no ( it had been 40 minutes) and took our order. We were not given the specials as others were and just wanted to get our food. So we ordered.
I have never felt like today but the wait staff, seemed to cater to the French speaking. It took forever to get our food and when we asked someone for a check, nobody knew what to do.
We own a small business and the only edge we have is customer service. I tend to hope it was just because they have just reopened.
As we were leaving, the manager approached and asked how we enjoyed the lunch. I truly never complain but I told him if it wasn’t for him we would not have had lunch at all and asked him why no one ever waited on us. He apologized over and over so I’m hoping it was just an oversight but it just made for an uncomfortable day.
Eating in tonight!

[/url]