thank you for submiting the article i disagree with the article in its most basik form because i am the type to beleive that a persons useage of language skils displays a lot abowt his or her ability to comprehend and understand i am also from the old skool where we had teachers who ecsplaned that how you speek and rite gives off an impreshun to the peepl you ar speeking two

But really what I find disturbing about the article is that is just a small control group was examined and they don't say anything about what demographics were used.

Since I am in the downhill side of life (60+) I tend to believe that text talk and/or blog spelling is not the same as writing in general. As an example on my official reports I would write using proper grammar but in our car-to-car instant messaging we would use shortcuts. Unfortunately, IMHO, the "millennials" have confused the two. If that study, which was done by a university and consisted of a whopping 83 people, were all millennial generation age I can understand that they would think people that point out grammatical errors are jerks.

My initial paragraph was written tongue in cheek but believe me when I say I have seen this. There have been numerous occasions for me to obtain written statements from victims and/or witnesses and that is how they have been submitted to me from these folks, who have been at least of high school age. These statements were filled with spelling, punctuation and other grammatical errors. The "I" before "E" except after "C" unless it has a long "A" sound as well as there, their, they're and to, too and two seems to have been either forgotten or disregarded.

Unfortunately before I retired there had to be in-service training to teach these things to the deputies! Here is an example of a young deputy's report about a crash. vehicle 1 was heded west on two lane road when vehicle 2 backed out of there driveway and was struck buy vehicle 1. It should have read vehicle 1 was HEADED west on TULANE road when vehicle 2 backed out of THEIR driveway and was struck BY vehicle 1. Now that's embarrassing and just opens the door for scrutiny.

[Linked Image]