Georgia,

We were at Friars just a week before you and I thought the rocks (pebbles, stones or whatever.....) as you entered the water were so bad this year that one of the first things I did when I got home was order a pair of water sandals for future trips to this beach, of which there will be many. The food has always been excellent and varied and the service, IMHO, has always been very good. It says something to me about the quality of the place when you see so many diners coming to the beach solely for lunch, considering the distance off the well travelled path. Will definitely be going there next trip.

With reference to Anse Marcel, if it reopened with the same style and class it previously offered, I can’t wait to get back. We have enjoyed every day we’ve spent there and I can’t say I’ve ever experienced a snooty attitude but sometimes the French l’attitude can be described that way I guess. Our last trip there was in April ‘17 and strangely enough, this was the only time I was bothered by those sharp stones in the water there so I guess those water shoes may do double duty. Can’t wait to get back.

And to the OP, I think you will probably enjoy your days at either of these venues as long as you don’t mind making the lengthy drives to either place. And if not, I’m sure you will find others to enjoy as well.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."