I might be able to assist you with the driving, but it's really not that difficult from where you are staying. If you're primary destination is the Orient Beach area, then let's assume all your driving will be during the daylight hours (which I recommend). From the Oyster Bay Beach Resort (OBBR) you would go west for a very short distance until you intersect with Oyster Pond Road. You would turn right on Oyster Pond Road and head north for about a quarter of a mile before reaching the intersection that would cross over into French St. Martin. You want to bear to the right on what is known as 'Avenue du lagon' and follow that road. The BZH Creperie that GoKaye mentioned is about a half mile ahead on your left. For some reason this road changes it's name to 'Rue de Coralita' (Coralita Road) and you follow this for about two miles directly into the French Quarter (Quarter of Orleans). It will eventually come to a 'T' and you simply turn right on the main road which heads north to Orient Beach. 'Chili Peppers Sports Bar' (if that's still around) will be straight ahead when you reach this intersection. From here it's about another two miles or so until you reach the main entrance for Orient Village where you would take another right turn.

I would suggest not stopping after dark in or around the French Quarter. I've never had a problem, but just a recommendation that I've heard many times from others. I know this sounds a little complicated, but in reality it's quite easy. Just ask for a road map at the place where you are renting your car and that should suffice. Hope this helps.