Thank you for the tips on traveling with my daughter to St. Maarteen.

We had a fabulous time. A brief summary of what we did.

A trip to Parrot Ville was fun and entertaining and well worth the visit. Parrot Ville houses over 179 birds of about 10 varieties. Upon entry you are given a cup of bird seed and within seconds birds are flocking around you, ready to eat the bird seed. At one point 5 birds landed on me. I didn’t mind them on my arms, shoulders or hands, but on my head, no.

Drove by Orient Beach and decided it was too windy to stay, so we drove on further to Anse March. We rented lounge chairs on Anse Marcel Beach and enjoyed lunch at the restaurant. Very impressed with the quality of food and the service. The beach was beautiful with a gentle breeze blowing.

Breakfast at La Sucriere in Simpson Bay, what is not to love about freshy baked French breads and pastries.
Numerous lunches and dinners at Lagoonies in Cole Bay. A fabulous little bistro and bar that seems to fill up every night with cruising yachties. Live music most nights. Every day they offer a new and exciting menu, French chef in the kitchen and no meals disappoint.
A day trip to Grand Case. Lounge chairs rented and dined at Rainbow. Another fabulous meal. Reservations definitely required. We walked along the beach as was sad to see so many restaurants gone, Ocean 82 and La Shambala are 2 I remember dining at in the past. Recovery appears to be slow unfortunately.

Final day we decided to watch the SuperBowl at Jimbos. I don’t really have anything good to say about the food or service, other than we can get better Mexican food at a fast food restaurant. Poor quality and expensive for what was served. Only wish we dined at Skip Jacks!

After the game we walked to our rental car and discovered the battery had died. We were a little worried as it was 12:30 am. Didn’t try calling Avis as my daughter decided to run into Skip Jacks and see if anyone could help. Dennis the bartender jumped to our rescue, armed with a battery and cables. He said this happens all the time. In less than 10 minutes we were on our way. I tried to give Dennis a gratuity, but he declined and said simply said, pay it forward. He went above and beyond and we definitely won’t forget his kind gesture. Next time in SXM, we will return to Skip Jacks.

Unfortunately had to miss making perfume at Tijon as my daughter caught a cold the day before we left and couldnt smell anything. Next time!