I’m sure by now the original poster has figured out we all like different things for different reasons.

If it were me, I’d definitely opt for Beachside Villas, too, but as Carol said, it’s not a Resort. It’s more like your own private home on the beach, and I do mean ON THE BEACH. You can’t get much closer and you sure don’t have to fight for a spot. Between Karakter and Mary’s Boon in one direction and El Zafiro Beach eight next door, to me it’s about the best of all worlds. And the pool is lovely, too.

But if that’s not what the OP is looking for then I’d take the the Sonesta any day over the alternative of Simpson Bay Villas but I don't personally care for that area at all. There are definitely more dining choices but for me, it’s too congested and busy and I always feel I’m taking my life in my hands walking along the main roads there because of all the traffic. My only prerequisite would be all the above assuming the construction is basically done.

Bottom line, each of the locations under consideration are lovely and all for different reasons, but then there’s Grand Case Beach Club which is about as good as it gets and covers all the bases, too. And you can’t fibd any better locations for dining and sunsets, IMHO.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICES.....

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."