Enjoy your stay but make sure that you get off the property.
We have been to Barbados 3x since 2005 when my eldest married my daughter-in-law whose family is from the Accra beach area.
The first trip we stayed at the budget Meridian Inn besides Sandals and Dover beach hotel, 2nd trip we stayed at family house just up from Accra (behind Bert's Bar) and in 2016 we stayed at Dover Woods guest house between Sandals and the Maxwell main road. A car rental is useful but by the 3rd trip we did the local bus 100%. Take a car though and make sure that you visit Crane Beach (walk away from the crowded Crane Beach resort beach...as you walk down the road to the water turn left. Follow that beach all the way to the end and go around the cliff, you may get wet, and you will find your own private cove with a private cave (Ginger Bay). It has a staircase that we did not explore.
The stretch between the resort and the cave is probably a mile long and we were the only ones on the beach.
https://www.google.com/maps/@13.1081909,-59.4432947,731m/data=!3m1!1e3

We found out the day after our last visit that JImmy Page of Led Zepplin was on our stretch of sand. We were never bothered by anyone other than one female member of the Royal Constabulatory who warned us about kids in the bushes darting out to steal our gear while we were in the water. The waves are pretty active so "in the water" only meant getting our knees wet.

We also explored Bottom Bay, Foul Bay, and Harrismith. The latter has some neat plantation ruins on the cliff above. At all three you can enjoy c/o if you are discrete.

Make sure that you drive over to Bathseheba and Cattlewash. Have lunch at the Roundhouse (http://www.roundhousebarbados.com/) and take pics of themonster waves. Drive from there to the Animal Flower Cave and look down, wayyyyy down at the breakers.

Continue on if you must to the west coast but for as long as I live I will never understand its attraction. the beaches can be a narrow 25 feet, there are no waves and you can bake with little wind.

But again just get off the Sandals resort...even Dover beach in the Gap is better than Sandals. There is a little jazz bar 100 yards from your gate....GO! Take the bus to the Friday night fish fry at Oistins. Take the bus the other way to Accra and Rockly Beach. (if you are NHL fan Bert's Bar across the road from |Rockly is owned by the Senators owner so they have NHL games on ...during season)

I realize that you have invested in all inclusive but trust me there many fantastic local eateries....and that includes fried chicken or a burger from Chefette with a side of mac n cheese.