I have been aboard Island Girl for about 3 weeks. The Exumas are NOT BVI. This area is much prettier. The colors of blue remind me of the Greens of Ireland.

The owner of the boat has a vested interest and turning this from a former charter boat to a proper boat. I am extremely happy with the condition of the boat especially considering there are not local resources for parts.

Some differences from BVI. You have to deal with tide and current, you cant just float off the boat and drink cocktails like in BVI. There isn't much snorkeling here due to the sand. There isn't as much sailing either as everything is upwind or downwind. You also have to be very good at reading the water colors and can't be shy about cruising for hours with just 2 feet under your keel.

We went out to Long Island the other day and at Cape Santa Maria was one of the top beaches we have ever been on. Nothing matches it in BVI.

Provisioning here isn't as expensive as we thought, but there isn't the selection. Also there aren't the places to eat out and drink as there are in BVI. But when you eat out the prices are great.

We are here for another 2 weeks, feel free to ask me specific questions.

Mike