Trip insurance.......that is a yes for us.

We had always taken the TRAVEL GUARD TIP INSURANCE. thru the moorings or sunsail. Now chartering with conch, we get the trip insurance thru AAA.....( Auto club ).

Well, you dont need it, until you need it.

We had a sailing vacation planned to Belize. We book our boat, air, etc, early. This was the moorings, two weeks sailing and snorkeling Belize.

Two weeks before our trip, we sailed over to Catalina. Just the two of us. Turns out, some of my old students and friends from tour sailing club were moored a few boats over. They dink to our vessel
for boat drinks. Then, the ran us ashore, since we had dinner reservations there in Avalon.

Going up a very steep dock ramp, full moon, very high tide, I tore my calf muscle. I actually heard it snap. I was limping around, but could do nothing about it, until we got back overtown, the next day.

Wound up, our Belize Trip was in the tank. We also had another couple that was going with us. I contacted the moorings and the Trip Insurance kicked in. The airlines, boat, hotel the first and last nights, everything was
100% covered. For all four of us.

That was several years ago, and to this day, for sailing, or eco vacations ...internationally , we have trip insurance. Do read your policy however, and get medical as well. if something serious occures, it may be that you need to
be medivaced, from the small far off island in paradise.

There is our factual experience.

Denny and Erica