Sadly, unless you are flying from one of the metro NYC airports or a few other select cities that currently have a deal with new service or a last minute travel fare, there is not much. The words "affordable flight options" and "St. Maarten" seldom go hand in hand.

Jet Blue has some new route fares from Ft. Lauderdale and a friend recently got very reasonable air from the mid-west on VERY short notice (2-3 days before & mid-week travel) but that is about it other than NYC or vicinity.

BTW, regarding the CheapOAir study, I am not really buying it. Having been going to SXM for 25+ years, I have found no rhyme or reason as to air prices other than Saturday travel is usually the busiest and the most expensive.

I recently booked air for a late fall trip and checked CheapoAir just for kicks. No deal, same price as one can buy direct from the given airline and they added a $10 per ticket service charge. IMHO, that alone would take away any validity to any study the may have done.

And for an upcoming trip and also the late fall trip, the most I have ever paid for air and neither involve Saturday travel. Sunday, Friday and Tuesday are my travel days and the fare was the same for any weekday when I was booking.

BTW, SammyM, click on you blinking envelope as I sent you a private message the other day.

J.D.