I agree Jenni. It all boils down to decency and courtesy.

Many years ago if someone who worked in an industry where naturism was not understood and was at the Club O section of Orient Beach didn't have too much concern. I base this on the fact that someone would have had to get the film developed at an adult store or discrete photo shop. Then there was no real way for those pictures to be readily visible other than the possible submission to certain publications. Fast forward a few years and now that same person can have his or her photo pasted from a cameraphone to the entire world in a nanosecond.

Not only are there people in sensitive work positions but there may be people who have friends +/or family that may not be in favor of their activity and maybe they just don't want others to know. In my last visit I met a couple who have grown adult children that don't know of their attendance at the Club O beach. They tell their kids a different reason for their trips to SXM. I would bet they would not grant these photos to be taken much less distributed on some website worldwide.

Somewhere I remember someone posting that French law does not allow photographing another without that person's permission. Unlike US law that states people have no expectation of privacy in a public place or a place open to the public, French law states otherwise.

I am not a lawyer nor did I stay in a Motel 6 so I don't know what the actual law in France is but common courtesy and decency would rule that if someone asks a person to stop taking photos they should stop. I am not condoning destroying someone's property however I also don't want my "Irish" all over the net and I'm sure my wife wouldn't her nekkid photo all over the world.

If it is a consensual matter then no problem. I know on my next trip I will take a few snaps of my wife but she consents and we don't post our photos. Just my .02 and I hope this doesn't cause the thread to be shut down.

[Linked Image]