I had a bit more mixed feelings for Boatyball. It works as advertised but you now must have data and be online before 7 am to pick a ball. For Cooper Island this past visit, I was up and online before 7am, boatyball page was loaded and reloaded several times until the page showed the available balls at 7 am. As I selected an available ball, by the time the page loaded, the ball had been reserved by another boat. I then went back a page and reloaded, by then several balls were reserved. Repeat another cycle before I am able to select and reserve the last available ball. Completed the whole transaction by 7:03, so the reservations go very quickly once they are available. I found that there seemed to be a high percentage of boatyballs occupied by skippered vessels, likely because they have better data connections than I did or they have someone shore-side with a fast connection making reservation on their behalf. All fair as they using the system as I am and paying for the balls. But be prepared if you are planning to use the boatyball service, there is a surcharge for doing so and you need to be ready to book by 7 am if the anchorages are at all busy. On the plus side, if you do manage to book one, nice knowing that it will be available when you get there.
A side note, the boatyball mooring balls are a little taller than the standard MooreSecure balls, it makes a significant noise when the metal mooring ring bangs on the underside of the bridgedeck in the middle of the night smile