" Philipsburg can't be beat however, if you're into high end shopping!"

Maybe its me and I need to really give this yet another go but apart from the usual jewellery stores, a couple of " bespoke names" that you see everywhere, I just don't get what you mean by high end shopping. First there is only one decent woman's store now left on front st and one small men's high end store. What am I missing? I suppose like food, define high end? Where are these stores that are unusual? Perhaps I am comparing it to St. Thomas and to a certain extent St Barths and expecting more. I agree that visiting in Dec of 2017 and twice again last year, so many were still shut and recovering but even many years before Irma, all I see are the usual cheap souvenir stores set up for the cruise crowd. Nothing different along the boardwalk either. Same stuff. I remember that off Front Street there was a side street(always had a colorful car outside) that had a few stores that were not the usual tat, but that was it. Actually find Marigot for clothing in particular, more chic, upmarket(yet still reasonably priced) and a huge selection in many stores.

So for those more familiar than I am with Philipsburg, educate me please, would love to give it another chance to see, high end, unique, unusual and select stores if they do indeed exist.