First, I would not say this restaurant is French. It’s Fusion. That said, it was great!

Hubby started with escargot and while it tasted good, he expected typical rendition. Instead it was served layered on what looked like salsa chips. He ate every last crumb. His main course was fillet mignon with peppercorn sauce potato, mix veggies. It was juicy, tasty and cooked to perfection, medium rare.

I chose toasted Camembert with cranberries to start. It was so delicious I considered changing my main dish to another order of Camembert. Six thick wedges of cheese with a crunchy exterior atop delicate greens that had a light oil lemon dressing. At one side was a pomegranate sauce and cranberries. I chose rack of lamb with mint sauce. The lamb was cut into individual chops still connected at a small point then fanned out to make a beautiful presentation. The sauce I could have passed on, sort of a purée. Again. A dish cooked to perfection. All was washed down with a bottle of Sansarre Baronne 2015.

Dessert was passed upon. Instead, we moved to the lounge area and sipped Campari and listened to. Chocolate Watts make love to his saxophone. He is fantastic. If you love jazz you must catch a performance. He plays different venues around the island, Ludos, Mary’s Boone, Blue Martini in Grand Case.

Now I’d like to address a comment made here about the musty, sewage smells emininating for this place. We were seated lagoon side and never smelled sewage. I have mold allergies and my sinuses never bothered me, not while at waters edge nor inside listening to music. I ask that person who posted: “are you sure you were at Frenchy Ludos?”

This place is very romantic, lights strung in ribbons across the ceiling, good food but not traditional French fare. Still, it’s worth a visit.

Last edited by RonDon; 03/23/2019 06:31 AM.