Nice report. Crazy close in Philly, but you made it. Smart move with the two-hour plus layover time there. The random screening process is frustrating. I realize it has to be random, but I think they're overdoing it these days. My wife got selected and got a 'positive' result for something in her purse. So, she had to empty the entire purse and they checked everything. Of course it turned up nothing (no one slipped weed in her purse on SXM). It turned out that her change purse had too many coins in it and they can't tell if something is being smuggled among all the coins. But, if you have a tight connection these kinds of delays can be brutal.

Overall, sounds like you had a great visit. Not sure about doing the same beach every single day (there's 36 others to choose from), but Mullet is really looking good these days and I can't blame you for wanting to spend most of your time there. As for the SXM airport experience, let's all hope it will be better the next time you return and less chaotic.