I think Schertzer's daughter would love to own a unit in a functioning resort. On the other hand, she is a woman of honor and would not dream of going back on her word. As for the nature of the dispute, I have never been able to fully understand all the issues.

I believe there are some who believe they fought their way out of being trapped in a hotel operation with the Brinks so they could own and occupy their units without have to place them in a rental pool or have them involved in a hotel. The other group I believe sees to removal of the units from the rental pool as the one impediment to have a hotel running in the black. Some suggest a system that pools the rentals and divides the money equally by type of home does not create an incentive to spending money to upgrade over the basic uncomfortable furniture. If you do spend more for a unit closer to the beach and fix it up, it will be more in demand and less available to use, but it will generate the same income as a less desirable unit. For others the issue may be a simple as "I am sick of the cold in Chicago and I want to spend the entire winter in the sun not being bothered with hotel issues." I am rambling because it is really hard to figure out the real issue. Like I said yesterday, for some of these owners, when you are in your 80s, a solution that might come in 5 or 6 years will feel a lot different to you than it would to a 45 year old.

One thing I do know from practicing law for 44 years, many people suffer from a disease which causes them to believe they are 100% correct and everyone else is crazy. This disease causes people to dig deeper into their trenches and pay more and more to their lawyers to wage war. These people have one thing in common, the have never read The Art of War by Sun Tzu. Sun Tzu says never go to war, instead spend time building a golden bridge upon which you enemy may retreat. (Give the other guy a way out with HONOR). Oh back to the disease. Its name "cranial anal inversion."