Originally Posted by Pearson
CYOA seems like an attractive charter option over flying/ferrying to the BVI's from the US. You guys n gals definitely seem to give them glowing reviews and I note many of their Cats have watermakers.

My question is, have you chartered a CYOA yacht with a watermaker and was that a discriminator for you? My 2nd charter is this coming July, but I'm thinking down the road, with a bigger boat, bigger crew, a watermaker would sure come in handy.

Anyone care to share experiences?

Thanks.

We started putting water makers in the cats three years ago. Cuvee hull number 2 of the Saba 50 was the first. Baard insisted on it as the owner because he wanted to reduce the number of times that people banged his brand new cat into docks. The feedback was immediate and decisive. Our long term guests started seeking out the boats with water makers after the first trip with one.

Every single cat in our fleet now has a water maker. The feed back has been terrific. It is literally like the first time you rented a boat with Air Conditioning. No one wants to go back. We also have three mono hulls with water makers.

No more waiting in line or taking time out to go to the dock for water. No more stress and cussing docking every two or three days. This makes it easier to get your damage deposit back as the ocean is only dangerous around the edges. Also no more fighting with your wives and daughters over showers.

In addition we have a larger cruising ground, St Thomas, St John, Culebra, Vieques, St Croix and all of the BVI's. Some places have no access to water this also was a deciding factor for us in installing them.