Originally Posted by Shauneen
We are chartering out of CYOA for the first time (previous trips out of Tortola). We arrive the day before so have time to shop. What are our best options for stocking the bar?

In the past I have done similar to Baard and rented a car (thus avoided the $12/person taxi from the airport) and driven to Plaza Extra for provisions. I found everything I needed at Plaza Extra and didn't do the additional stops Baard suggested.

In the more distant past I have walked up to Pueblo and taxied back with the provisions. This is doable as well though Pueblo isn't my favorite experience. And for some reason they don't stock eggs (huh?).

This las trip (last month) I did all my provisioning at Moes. Got a dingy from CYOA and tied it up at the sea wall opposite Moes. Drove the Moes grocery cart across the street to avoid carrying anything. This worked great. Moes is a bit more expensive that Plaza Extra in my opinion. It's a smaller store but had most of the stuff we were seeking and easily found substitute items for stuff we didn't find.

Life's short - sail more!