When you stop in Dominica in Portsmouth, call me at 767 295 1323, for any help here with deals and reliable tours, restaurants, waterfalls, etc. I am building a house here at www.barbwirebar.com and you can visit, just 20 minute drive away, to this waterfall: www.syndicatefalls.com. A visit to Red Rock in Caliibishie is a must! FYI, my 37ft cat is anchored out in the harbor starting mid May.

This area of Dominica is preferable to the busy city and no beach area of Rousea so don't pass it up!

Other stops: if there is no northerly seas/winds, anchor in Baei St. Jean on St. Barths, Heaven on Earth (see my article in All At Sea Caribbean) and on st. Vincent, stop at Chateaublair and have George the guide take you to Dark View Falls, its only about 15 minute walk from town there (see article in Caribbean Compass: Two Days with George)
St Lucia: stop at Les Canaries and anchor by the cliffs (watch out for tall coral heads in close) and explore (see article Destination: Les Canaries in All at Sea Caribbean).
in Grenadines, stop in Mayreau at Salt Whistle Bay and visit Black Boy and Debbies beachside restaurant (see BBQ for Boaters in Caribbean Compass)
Ill be doing this trip on Sanctuary late July to Oct and back to Dominica!
Peace,
Capt Mark

Captain Mark
Living on land and running day charters out of Prince Rupert Bay, Dominica aboard Sanctuary, an IS37 catamaran.