Sounds like you are going very close to when we went. Oh, I am so envious!!! What a spectacular trip! I hope that we can go back again someday.. Make absolutely sure that you back up your pictures a couple of different ways, so you can clear off your cards each day. With regard to that long lens, I have to say that for the most part, I used mostly my shorter lens and very rarely used the long lens. I was often shocked at how CLOSE we got to the animals. If you don't have one yet, get a cheap video camera also, as one of our best memories is the video we have of about 17 lion cubs, taken at Mombo, as they walked RIGHT past our jeep. You've read our trip reports, so you know the basics, although our trip was several years ago. Most important--dress in layers so that you can take off or put on clothes as the weather warms up or cools down. And one of my most cherished momentos of the trip is a warm fleece coverup, emblazoned with Mombo on it. When I wear it, most people have no idea what Mombo is, but I do.. Memories for a lifetime! PlEASE, post a report and pictures on your return.

Carol Hill