Return flight out of Virgin Gorda on 1/31/15. Tops anything i have ever heard or witnessed.

My wife and I arrived along with another couple at the small airport in Virgin Gorda in the B.V.I.'s at 9:40 a.m. on Saturday January 31st for our 10:30 flight. We were informed that our flight had already left and were shown the fine print on the back of the ticked that said we must arrive 90 minutes prior to departure. As we protested one of the Air Sunshine representatives informed us that they would be fined $5,000 by the FAA if travelers did not arrive prior to the 90 minute threshold. After initially indicating that there were no available seats on any of the subsequent flights departing that day, they apparently found room for us on a 12:30 flight for an additional $100 per person. We reluctantly paid the additional fee and waited.
We watched as other passengers arrived for the same flight and were also given the same story; all while passengers continued to arrive less than one half hour early for other flights and were processed without incident. As the departure time grew closer we were informed that our group would have to be split into two groups of 1 and 3 passengers as there were now two 12:30 flights. Again, we reluctantly agreed when we were assured they would both land in San Juan at the same time.
The first plane arrived which I was to depart on. As we walked to the plane I noticed there were only four other passengers. When I asked the pilot why the airline needed to split my group when this flight was not full he informed me that we were first flying to Tortola to drop off the other four passengers then pick up an additional seven for the flight to San Juan. When I protested and informed him of our connecting flight schedule he agreed to pull my luggage and let the other group clear customs with it since they would arrive first.
I arrived in Jan Juan without further incident, but quickly realized that I had somehow arrived before the rest of my party. The pilot assured me that they were in route and would be on the ground within minutes. Unfortunately as he was doing this I was in contact with my friends who were still on the ground in Virgin Gorda. They ultimately boarded the second 12:30 flight just after 2:00 p.m. They arrived at 3:00 p.m. causing all of us to miss our connecting flights. We incurred an additional full day’s expense because of the incident and were forced to adjust schedules to permit the extra day of travel.
As I walked toward customs with my pilot I asked him why our initial flight had left an hour early. He then informed me that it had actually left at 10:10 rather than the 9:30 that the other travelers at the airport had stated. I told him there was no chance the flight had actually left at 10:10 as we had been at the airport 30 minutes before that and had been in clear sight of the only runway since 9:40. He then informed me that I was mistaken and he had document the departure time. I have 6 witnesses that will attest to their individual arrival times as well as the fact the flight was gone prior to their arrival.
At its best, the flight departed with one out of seven booked passengers as a matter of convenience for Air Sunshine and at its worst was a planned effort to extort an additional $600 from its customers. I’m also extremely concerned that if falsifying FAA documents is the standard, that doctored maintenance logs may also be standard operating procedure. Needless to say, we will not be flying their airline again, but feel like these practices cannot go unnoticed.