I am stunned that situation arose on Orient Beach with you and your wife, mdmf52! Those men had absolutely no right whatsoever to behave in that manner, and I would have said to them what don't you understand about the concept of a 'clothing-optional beach'? Over the years I (and my wife) have walked the entire length of the Club O. beach sometimes with suits on and sometimes with suits off. Never, ever have I encountered anyone who acted in a manner similar to what you described. Normally, it's just the opposite ... very welcoming and accepting. It is absolutely 100% a public beach, and if this happened to us I would even consider notifying the local gendarmerie about this type of harassment.

Maybe they were new to Orient Beach, or possibly came from one of those over-priced resorts in Jamaica where everyone on the beach has to be nude (i.e., Couples San Souci). Who knows. Let's just chalk this up to a group of ignorant people who need to realize that one's attire on this beach is strictly their own personal choice. Don't let this incident deter you (or anyone else out there) from enjoying all of Orient Beach in the future.