Originally Posted by Alexander9228
Hey guys, so I've been reading that the jewelry stores in St. Martin are super popular because of their prices. I was just curious as to what kind of discounts we are talking about? I would LOVE to buy an engagement ring for my beau, so I'm just curious how much cheaper it is compared to a US brick and mortar or website. Thanks for any info you have!

That is a great question! Over the years we settled on DKgems in Philipsburg on the water side of Front St about a half block west of the Court House. We (i.e. my wife) have purchased a LOT of very nice pieces there over the years. The staff is very welcoming and not high pressure at all.

We learned that the key words to say at DKgems when you find something you like are: “I am interested in this... What is the ‘TTOL discount price?’”

All of a sudden the sales pitch stops, the calculator comes out, the sales personnel punches in the tag price, punches in the discount percentage, and shows you the absolute minimum price they will sell the item for. No cat and mouse haggling, this is the bottom line.

We have found over a decade and a half that the items we bought at DK appraise at 2 to 3 times what we paid...

Just our opinion...

Bill and Linda

Last edited by Bill_S; 04/19/2019 09:45 PM.

Bill