Thanks for the picture of the sidewalk. I just don't get the French government, and their ridiculously slow action to all these poor people out of work for now a year and a half....and still a good six months away from opening. Of course, utilities, plumbing, etc have to be completed first...but why in the world would a sidewalk be constructed now....BEFORE any of the structures are up and getting ready to open?? To spend that money laying a sidewalk, BEFORE all the other construction vehicles are gone is just a waste of money. Cranes, bulldozes, cement trucks, or any other equipment driving over this sidewalk is just totally batsh/t crazy. Our first visit to Orient this year was March 18. The orange construction fence was already in place,....a few of the trenches were dug...and in the three weeks we were there, we saw maybe one or two people hand digging IF anyone worked that day on the site. When we left now two weeks ago, the pictures don't seem to much different, except for the sidewalk. At that time, the owners of the restaurants still were not sure if they would be accepted back....and none of them had a clue of where they may be IF accepted back. To say that they weren't a bit pissed off would be mild. Hopefully the rumor of the returning restaurants is correct...a pretty good lineup again. I just hope and pray that this time, they will be able to operate effectively, and for YEARS to come. These poor people spent a ton of money last time, after being out of work for so long...to be spending another ton of money when they first moved in, to be displaced again by Irma. I personally cannot wait to get back to Orient next year...and hoping the ''vibe'' will be back. This year, although the beach was beautiful...just was NOT the same....and it surely cost an arm and a leg vs when everything else is open.