Originally Posted by pat
Traffic has been lighter than we usually experience this time of year but in all fairness our travels have been more limited than usual. You don’t encounter too much going from your room to the pool here at Royal Islander but we got a late start this morning and the traffic from Sandy Ground to Triple Gate area was very heavy with lots of road construction going on all over the French side.

I think they need a few BIG utility companies to come in and straighten out the utility services, particularly on the French side. How anyone can figure out what they’ve got and what they’re doing is a mystery. Some of the poles look like a spaghetti pot of wires dangling. Simply amazing......

I am pretty sure the road construction and 'spaghetti' wires on the French side are related. There is a big push on that side to run fiber op throughout the French side, and I think as long as they're at it, they are running electric service in the trenches they create running the fiber op. We were there for February and March and the electrical service was as good as we experience in the states; no outages.

--ChiTownHarry