I have flown through all four airports and cleared customs, but I can't remember if these were strictly mid-week. Our latest venture was thru Atlanta with Delta, and we cleared customs on a Sunday night and it was a snap. Whole process was less than 45 minutes. ATL has a huge area for this process. JFK wasn't too bad either, but our return flight to Buffalo was cancelled and that screwed things up big time. But, we would have made the flight easy if it departed that night. That was also roughly 45 minutes. CLT was a few years ago, and I can't recall having any problems there, either. As for Philadelphia, I would avoid that airport like the plague. I would also steer clear of Cleveland, Ohio.

If it were me, I'd be fine with ATL, JFK and CLT but I would make sure I had a minimum 2 hours and 30 minutes layover. Always best to expect the unexpected from the airlines. BTW, Delta and Jet Blue are at the top of my personal list for being on time and keeping to their schedules. Hope that helps.