Well, the approach that we use is to boycott boatyball for the tried and true fcfs ball. It's far more reliable. What happens if I am expecting to pick up friends at beef island at 3pm then head to our reserved boatyball. I guess I would get up at 6am to get ready to supply boatyball with my private information including my credit card particulars. Then while waiting I have a coffee to reduce the street associated with the potential for boatyball to suffer a security breach and inadvertently participate in my information getting into the hands of bad guys. I wonder how much money boatyball spends on data security. Anyway, I am one of the lucky few. On my third refresh I manage to nab last remaining boatyball. Then my luck turns. Say at noon, I get an email from the friend that they are delayed and will now arrive at eis at 6pm. Oh no. How do I pick them up at 6pm and get to leverick before dark? Do I travel In the dark and contrary to my charter contract? The answer to my hypothetical question is I don't make it to leverick and the money spent on boatyball is a waste. I get to pay for another mooring for the night.

For reasons such as this, I don't use boatyball. It does not solve problems. It only changes the nature of them.

Boatyball won't work with the car rental either, unless you are lucky enough to get the same ball for 2 nights. Otherwise you would waste hours waiting for your second nights ball to be vacated before you could start your land tour.

So we stay on the same fcfs ball for 2 nights with no issues, no boatyball and no stress.

Last edited by warren460; 05/17/2019 11:32 PM.

Warren S/V Scuba Doo
Lagoon 50 (winner of best crewed yacht under 55 feet at the St. Thomas crewed yacht boat show).

https://www.cyabrochure.com/ebn/2307/pdyrX/6642/4///