We booked a Mooring's power cat for Oct. 18th. Mostly because of work schedules. I too considered MarineMax, seemed like the interior was a little nicer and really wanted a water maker since we'll have 8 people this time but their prices were significantly higher than Mooring's. I guess boat size makes a big difference between the two. Plus, MM seemed to quote by day's and not nights. I noticed on their quote, not only was it more expensive when I thought I was comparing apples to apples but when I discovered the difference in time, it was way more. There were pros and cons to each and it depends on what you really want. Mooring's seems to have more open space especially deck space while MM seems to have more seating. I would go with a bigger boat for more stability if the weather picks up. When I looked at the historical record of hurricanes in the BVI in Oct. there haven't been many. I've also been in late Aug/Sept during peak hurricane season and lucked out with great weather. I definitely think Oct. is less risk for hurricanes but I'm a little worried about more rain. I don't mind quick showers but days of rain on vacation is bad. I live in Pittsburgh so I guess I can deal with it. I didn't know anything about the Interline Regatta! Was hoping for quiet times and no crowds.

[Linked Image]