You are missing the point. Workers and residents are very happy to apply LEGALLY but the Gov. then makes it ridiculously hard to clear all the hurdles. The BVI relies on off island workers..ask anyone who owns any kind of business. Restaurants and hotels are drastically understaffed because of this and that hurts everyone. The slow service has been dragged up here ..sometimes the staff are slow but often there are not enough of them. The charter companies all use dozens of off islanders..without them your charter boat would not be ready to go. The Gov needs to speed up and ease the system. I have "permission to reside"..we posted a $3500 bond , jumped through a myriad of hoops but we cannot work "Paid or unpaid" and have to renew every year..this after buying a home and paying the gov sales tax. If I do volunteer work I could be thrown off the island! If all non belongers quit their job and left the BVI's the whole economy would collapse. " Here's your charter boat Capt..you will need to clean it, gas it up, provision it and check out all the systems because we have no staff..have a nice trip."