We went ahead and booked flights out of DTW for our usual first 2 weeks of December on AA a few weeks ago, and lo and behold AA just cancelled our flight connecting thru CLT for the return home. Now just the flight thru MIA that requires an overnight on Sundays. The new flights they put together had us leaving SXM on the 5:08 pm to MIA, then to PHL landing after 11pm..overnight stay and then on a flight at 9pm from PHL to DTW the next night. I called and they didn't have an explanation, but I'm guessing it's the 737 MAX flight shuffling process being extended. So, went from a total 8 hour trip to over 30 hours, and AA offered no alternatives or assistance what so ever. So..checked Delta out of CLE, and ended up booking great flights in Comfort for the same dates at a significantly lower cost. Well worth the 3.5 hour drive. And, as per usual, no notice that my flights had changed from AA. I check about once a week, and when I checked on Thursday I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Also, our outbound from DTW was now 3 hours earlier and connecting thru a different airport despite our original flights still being available. Went from 8:30am to 5:30am departure, from CLT to PHL for connect to SXM and equipment change from an A320 to an ERJ 145, also known as The Devils Chariot, or the Bastanardo if you're 6"5" like me.

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came." ~ John F. Kennedy