Lee,

This particular incident occurred on the Dutch side of the island in a very popular and well-peopled location but the ‘where’ is really a non-issue on this particular island. If you know the island, people are free to run back and forth, country to country with no limitations or restrictions.

This most likely was a crime of opportunity where the creep with the gun saw a couple that looked approachable and took advantage of the opportunity to do bad acts and it went bad for everyone. He could have been hopped up on drugs or just a bad guy in general. And the personal irony to us is my 70+ year old husband was approached and offered drugs in the same general area in April. Trust me, he no way looks like he’d be the type who might be interested but it was offered nonetheless by someone wanting to score some fast cash.

My heart goes out to the daughter and the rest of the family and friends of the victim but I hurt for the people of the island, too. If there’s any one thing this island doesn’t need right now it is a spike in notoriety due to a vacationer being murdered and the police unable to apprehend the perpetrator. Hopefully they will catch him and catch him quickly.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."