It has been a long time so I thought i would give an update. We are 77 days away from our departure. We have paid the balance.

We booked our flights with American and unfortunately it is going to take us 2 days to get to the royal Livingstone. So we leave September 4...fly STL to Chicago to London...spend the day in the admirals club and then fly to Johannesburg SA to Livingstone Zambia.

We arrive a day before the tour begins..

We have received our inoculations...hep A and B, Tetanus, Meningitis, pneumonia, yellow fever and typhoid. The insurance paid for all but the YF and Typhoid. We had to go to passport health and the cost was $875 for the both of us. YF is almost impossible to find and the American vaccine is not available at all so we got the French vaccine.

Shopping for appropriate safari clothing has been fun and challenging but i think i have everything we need.

We have purchased a new camera body for me..a canon T7I and a new lens for Steve a 100-400 IS L so between the 2 of us we should get some amazing shots.

We have prebooked an animal encounter for the morning of the day our tour begins at 4pm.

I will certainly keep you updated.

[Linked Image]