It really depends on which way you go AND whether there is any road construction or not. On this trip, at times we felt like "you can't get there from here!!" laugh There is road construction on the main road in Marigot, and apparently will be, until August. There is also other road work within Marigot, which makes navigating through Marigot itself very challenging. The best way to get from Orient Village right now, I guess would be to go through Grand Case, go through Marigot down by the waterfront at Galis Bay (which you have no choice, going that direction) and stay straight and go through Sandy Ground. I would guess that at about 30 minutes. Not a great route after night though. Going through Orleans, we came upon two DIFFERENT road construction sites last week, one JUST as you are leaving Orient, headed toward Orleans, and a different one pretty soon after you enter the French side, coming from that roundabout where the McDonald's is. The one closest to Orient MAY be completed by now, as we went through there once and had to go on a detour, and then the next trip, there was no detour. We did not feel comfortable doing either one of those detours after night, as one was just around a corner, but the other one was a pretty lengthy one, all through a very residential neighborhood where tourists shouldn't necessarily be after night. So I guess I don't have a good answer for you.

Carol Hill