OK, folks, we’re arriving on Wednesday for our 25th anniversary! We’ve vacationed in St. Martin multiple times over the past 15 years. We haven’t been back since before Irma (which came right over our house while still a Cat 4, and we’re still making repairs from) so we have a lot of sympathy for where the island is at right now.

We had originally booked at Palm Court, which we stayed at previously, but they aren’t up and running yet. So, we will be staying at Esmeralda instead. So, my question - how are things at Orient Beach and in Orient Village? I’m thinking we’ll be chilling there most of the time, probably will hit Cedrick up for chairs and umbrellas on the Club O end. Also, how has Marigot recovered? I loved that place, and not for the shopping. I loved walking along the marina area, going to the straw market area (where we’ve purchased several pieces of local art), and eating by the water.

I know we’re going to be happy to finally get back to that place we love, but I’m still curious to hear how it is right now.