Originally Posted by bailau
Originally Posted by ndfaninnc
You all have very much confirmed our decision to sail alone. We tried for two years to get friends to join us. Always just before booking something would come up and they would back out. Even though we have some great friends, spending a week with any of them on a floating RV is a risk of the friendship. So for a little extra money I know I will get along with my wife. Well, at least most of the time.

So does that mean Kevin and I are out? We found your wife to be delightful and surely could get along with her for a week...:)

Having done a lot of herding cats on boat trips and at our beach house some people get it and many dont...you have to sift and winnow to find the "givers" who get it. For your first sail trip don't add the dynamic of another couple and possibly another agenda.

Ha! She’s pretty good. I’m fortunate that she has also been my best friend for 38+ years.

As for a week on a boat with you guys? We would do that in a heartbeat. Or on Anegada as week long neighbors.

I do feel we made the right call to do our first sail by ourselves. After many years of land based vacations in the BVI we are very excited to see the islands from the water. Only 118 days to go!!!

Go Irish!!

Bill

[Linked Image]