Pixiedust,

I remember those years when we’d do those short but oh so good four or five day get-always to SXM. We usually went in the spring as a family but those long Fall weekends were strictly for us. I always found it amazing how rejuvenating they could be.

Re the car situation - glad you were able to take it all in stride even if you didn’t get to try Anse Marcel Beach Resort.

Lesley has gotten to be very popular and all it takes is for one car to break down, or get involved in an accident, or have a renter who extends their trip but doesn’t bother to extend the rental but assumes it will be fine, and the whole schedule is blown to bits. And the agencies often can’t win no matter what they do. At least Lesley found another company to accommodate you so you weren’t left stranded. And as strange as it might seem to some, we never have an issue with the more lovingly used cars as long as they’re road worthy. We had a brand new one a year ago and we were nervous wrecks the whole trip, not wanting to be responsible for the first dent or ding.

We once had a company do that to us - not Lesley for sure, but Budget whom we had rented from several times prior to that trip. We took their van from the old airport to their car location with all our luggage and our kids and when we got there they had no car for us. So much for a reservation. And to make matters worse they had no idea when or if they would soon have a car so there we were. I asked if they could at least take us to the hotel where we were staying since it was pretty close and they said we’d have to take a taxi as they were very busy! I was livid but st least they called a taxi for us. It was very soon after that trip that we rediscovered Lesley Bruce, having known him from his Holiday Car Rental days at MBR&C, and the rest has been history.

With reference to the cats at so many locations, we’ve always been told they help to keep the rodent population under control. The Towers was one of many resorts who participated in the catch, neuter and return program, and once they were back at the Towers they were taken care of through the feeding station program overseen by Terri, the activities director. Those kitties were incredibly well fed and cared for. Most of the guests enjoyed their presence and many of us would leave cash with her to buy food for them as needed throughout the year.

Your trip sounds lovely and I truly hope there’s another one in the not too distant future.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."