There has been no mention of Royal Islander in this thread. I have owned my first unit for almost thirty years now...and have NEVER regretted my decision to buy there. In fact....as most know by now...i currently own three weeks. La Plage was up and running a little over a year after Irma passed. When i was there last March, no one ever would've known that Irma ever existed when on the LaPlage property. It was in excellent condition, refurbished to an extent...the landscaping lush....the pool immaculate, and the suites in beautiful condition. And ...with all the negative thoughts here, we were not assesed ONE DIME after Irma. The year the timeshare was closed...we didnt even have to pay the maintenance fees. I have NEVER regretted our three decisions to buy there. It is very comforting to know we will be in our oceanside rooms, with our timeshare ''family''....and all this for just a bit over only 100 dollars a day. As Frank Sinatra sang....''regrets...i had a few....but then again....to few to mention".....and my decision to buy timeshare on SXM was NEVER one of them!!!!!!! Unfortunately, not all timeshare resorts are as well run as ours.....and it is the crap ones, that left a black mark on all of them. It does tickle my funny bone though...that so many people attempt to stay at the Royal Islander, but then bash timeshare owners in the same breath.