How about a day trip to visit some of the great artists who call St.Martin/Sint Maarten home. Might be something a bit different than most might do, but still interesting if you enjoy the art of the island. My wife and I have enjoyed stops to talk with Antoine Chapon when he sold his work near the MaDouDou shack and now has a store in Marigot, Paul Elliott at his gallery in Grand Case, Roland Richardson at his gallery in Marigot, Micka at her stand in the Marigot Market where she sells her hand-painted tiles and Ruby Bute at her studio on the road to Friar's Bay. I found that can be an entire day trip when you start talking with her. There are a few more, but I can't recall their names. A few we have visited in the past, but who may no longer be on the island, were Jean-Piere Straub who did beautiful marquetry, Frenchy Loeb, Tess Verheij who had a store and art school on Old Street in Philipsburg and Mair Pattersun who used to sell her work at the Club O store. I recently got in touch with her to purchase another of her prints. This may not be a day trip that all would enjoy, but Carol and I have purchased art from many islands in the Caribbean and find it interesting to talk with them about their work and island life in general.