I had the rigatoni w/sausage and my wife had lobster ravioli. We split a Caesar salad. No dessert as the portions were very generous. We did have the obligatory limoncello aperitif.

The beach thing really isn't a big deal for us as we have them within 20-25 minutes of our home & they all have great facilities here in SW Florida. We usually go a couple of times per month to Boca Grande, Nokomis, or Englewood. We are somewhat spoiled by the easy access and good maintenance. Lifeguards in many areas too.

SXM is our eat, drink, chill @ pool, shop a bit, gamble a bit time. We have been there at least 15 times since 2000 and I'm sure the beaches will still be there & even better on our next visit. We really wanted to try Anse Marcel but the resort is closed for Sept. I understand that limits access a bit. Mullet would have been OK but the water was pretty rough during our stay and I'm sure the drop off would have been problematic for us as it is even during calmer times. We are a bit challenged by mobility issues and really need the calmer, more protected beaches.