I always chuckle when people ask for ‘the BEST’ of anything since the appropriate responses will always be based on individual likes and dislikes of the responders.

We are NOT foodies, and I don’t use that term in a pejorative manner, so what appeals to me is usually a far cry from what so many others love and rave about.

I love Rosie’s dry ribs because they’re dry and not slathered all over with sticky gooey sauce yet others can’t stand how dry they are. We thoroughly enjoy our meals at LeMoulinFou but we’ve also really enjoyed our Spaghetti House experience and as island pizza goes, we’ve thoroughly enjoyed it at Fat Tony’s while others have said ‘....not so much!’ We’ve apparently been very lucky st ElZafiro in that every meal we’ve had there has been good and yet, we did dinner at another island favorite (one we always enjoyed in the past....) and it was over-all, one of the two worse meals I’ve had on island over 45 years of annual trips.

We really enjoy Tortuga, Holland House, and The Yacht Club for breakfasts along with Marks for a reasonably priced and always consistently good dinner. And if we’re of a mind to take a ride for our dinner, Antoine’s By the Sea was always our go-to place prior to the change in ownership, and while I’m personally not too inclined to want lasagne and such on the island, for a great Italian dinner I don’t think you can beat Spiga, Mario’s or LaRosa, Too.

Someone asked about burgers and in thinking about it, I don’t think I’ve ever had one on the island in ALL our island trips over all these many years.

Bottom line? Regardless of what you’re looking for food-wise, you will find it on SXM and the chances are pretty darned good you’re gonna’ love it.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."