Nice trip report...thanks for sharing.

I just returned home late last night via the Key West Express high speed catamaran ferry after 5 days/4 nights (Saturday noon to Wednesday 5 pm) in Key West for my 15th Fantasy Fest (and 13th with the Krewe de Krazy Life---the same group that also comes with me annually to Hedonism resort)

I was disturbed about the amount of children out late at night on Duval and elsewhere. I understand when cruiseships are docked in town during FF that some exposure to revelers will occur, but seeing strollers in the Fantasy Zone at night is troublesome.

Still a great early-week time was had by many including myself and many of those in the Krewe

I had some great times including yesterday (Weds.) afternoon at the Marker resort with 16 of us enjoying Patrick & the Swayzees music around the pool. Also, the BEST tequila bar and margaritas at Agave308 bar and Mariam as the one of the best bartenders in Key West. Chrystal at the Red Garter Saloon (dayshift) also made for a great afternoon respite from the heat and humidity. All the guys at Capt. Tony's Saloon working hard through the night keeping the 100's of Krewe and other guests happy were welcome nighty.

My decision to attend FF was made this summer when I found my travel calendar suddenly cleared and by then room availabilty was limited and at a premium price but I did find space at NYAH (Not Your Average Hotel) for under $200 per night. I had stayed there before and found it conveniently located, quiet and comfortable if even a bit spartan.

I attended several pool parties with Krewe members who had rented houses and enjoyed the socializing without having to shout over music or get jostled by street crowds. Greene Street in front of Capt. Tony's was closed every night but Saturday for the overflow crowds.

I have many "favorite" dining places in KW but this year tried some ones and all with good-to-great results including the biggest surprise and pleasure of all---Hot Tin Roof for the Sunday brunch with the founder of the Chapman Brunch menu. I also enjoyed the Retired Surfers Bar & Grill, Mary Ellen's, the Marker, and Off the Hook Grill among others. I still love Blue Heaven, Faustos Market, Half Shell & Turtle Krawls, Conch Republic, Patio, and late-night Angelini's etc.

The themed costumed nights are always my favorite and I did the Little Black Dress (Sat), Zombie (Sun), Fetish (Mon) and instead of Tutu (Tues) or Plaid (Tues) I went with shimmery/glam and people seemed to love based on the number of photos I was asked to be in. Because of the heat and walking I did in the daylight, I opted not to wear my traditional boots or stillettos this FF.

Overall, I saw more participation this year, especially by the 20 & 30-somethings which was a nice surprise and the options, both day and night, continue to grow for attendees which is nice especially for those (like me) that have been so many times and like to try other events and venues.

I'll be back again in 2020...

"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere!" and "Hedo for me-no problem mon!" :-)