I can’t remember what day it is but we’ve been here for six days so this report will pick up where I last left off. Mike (Wingman) wrote up a lot of what I may add too.

Tuesday as planned we drove to Orient and spent the day at LaPlaya.

[Linked Image]

Bruno was there to greet us. A gorgeous beach day where we sat on our lounge chairs to enjoy the sun, swim, friendship. We ate lunch in the main dining area under a large tent. I’m happy to say that the fried chicken rolls are still very good – well better than good – excellent. I’m a huge fan of the crispy rolls where you take a lettuce leaf with a piece of mint tucked inside and then wrapped around the chicken roll and dip into a sweet fish sauce. We shared those and a shrimp tempura with a great sriracha mayo. Several of us ordered the BoBun salad and others a cheeseburger.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

How we had room for dinner I’ll never know but we did. We dined at Izi’s to celebrate our friend, Billy’s birthday. Mike and Billy eat there often but this was our first time and won’t be our last. It hasn’t been humid since our arrival so we've dined outdoors when possible. It was very comfortable eating outside once again. I had the swordfish in tomato sauce, capers which came with rice. (no photo) The swordfish was cooked perfectly in what I would call a ala puttanesca style sauce. I splurged and had the pistachio gelato with almonds for dessert.

[Linked Image]

Spent Wednesday at and around BSV, surf is still very strong all along Simpson Bay, so most of the day was spent at the pool.

[Linked Image]

We hosted a cocktail party with appetizers for the gang and off everyone went to do their own thing. David and I were exhausted so decided to stay home. Happy Halloween all. Hope to have some nice photos to post tomorrow or day after. Off to SMYC for breakfast.

Last edited by fabila; 10/31/2019 07:54 AM.