First of all - good morning, Kim, and sorry about that!

So! We are here in beautiful Sint Maarten. We made it! And yes, the planning, organizing, packing and all the other essentials that go into an island vacation are so very worth it.

First surprise of the trip was the drive from CT to JFK which usually takes us about an hour and a quarter or there about, but that would be at about four thirty am for our normally early departure. With the later JB departure time we were right in the heart of rush hour traffic so it took us two hours and ten minutes but we still made it with plenty of time to spare.

JB had a full flight - not a seat to spare which was another surprise for a Tuesday departure. The flight departed on time and arrived the same way, or maybe a tad early, and yes, upon deplaning we had the walkway off the plain instead of the steep stairs and we had to take the buses to the terminal, which seemed like a nothing ride but hey, all those bus people have jobs. I didn’t notice any other planes off-loading but I also wasn’t paying that much attention.

Immigration was cake - the immigration area has changed since we were there in April and it was very convenient. We were perhaps among the first fifteen to clear and by the time we got to the baggage carousel our luggage was already coming off. You’d think it couldn’t get any better and then voila! It does! Shirley Bruce was right outside the door waiting for us and had Lesley bring our car around. We were out of the airport and at Beachside Villas by 4 pm.

Said a brief hello to the pool people - apologies for being so abrupt but we were anxious to get into our villa for all the obvious reasons. Emanuel was already there waiting to explain the TV and safe systems and we didn’t want to hold him up since he had other arrivals after us.

We’re in villa #14 right next to the pool. I always consider myself lucky when we’re on the pool end of the property but being right next door to it is awesome. Jeannie had already been in and worked her magic and as always, our grocery order was perfect, thank you very much!

By the time we chatted and unpacked, we were starving but didn’t want to get involved in a big dinner out so we went next door to El Zafiro and had very enjoyable chicken Caesar salads with garlic bread. Their menu looks nice and having already had their rack of lamb on a previous trip, we will definitely go back at least for one more dinner.......

Home and shortly thereafter to bed ......... the sounds of the waves crashing - and yes! They are literally crashing - lulled us off to sleep in no time.

Waves are still crashing this morning and they are almost coming up to our beach chairs on occasion. This will definitely be a pool day for me! We’ve had our coffee and fresh pastry - I think Jeannie said she gets them from Bacchus. Totally yummy and what a way to start an island day!

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."