We arrived on Delta yesterday, after a week of something seemingly going wrong every day leading up to departure, including a delayed flight out of DAY. Both legs of the flight were totally full and we arrived SXM about 10 minutes early. Delta was the only plane at the time and from being the last passengers off the plane, we were through the airport, retrieved luggage that was waiting on us and met Lesley with the car in about 15 minutes total. We had a 2 hour layover in ATL and was surprised to have arrived at the "E" terminal as that is the same terminal the flight to SXM departed from.

This is my first stay at Horny Toad since the reconstruction after Irma and my wife's first trip back to the island in 8 years. The new version of HT is really nice and modern but still has the uniqueness we have known from the older version. Sitting on the balcony now and watching a somewhat rough surf with some rock exposure in the water

After a little social hour here, we headed to The Hideaway at LaVista to see our long time friend and server, Jean Marie. While we have enjoyed dining there in the past and hope to this trip as well, the place was totally without diners. Hopefully some came in later but it was rather sad to see.

Off to Mark's Place for some ribs and a burger and to meet our taxi driver friend of 28 years, Junior Bruney. He had a very large serving of fish and we all enjoyed our meals.

My wife did the driving coming back and some how we ended up taking a partial island tour but all ended well with a good nights sleep.

Up early this morning to watch the sun come up and a pretty hard shower just hit.

J.D.