The dreaded full last day has arrived. Why is two weeks still not enough vacation on SXM? Oh well, if we don’t leave we can’t come back so that will be my mantra for today and tomorrow.

Yesterday was a return to Orient, our third and last this trip. Once again we spent it on LaPlaya but we did not have a big lunch, shared cod fish fritters. We went for a short walk to Palm Beach. They have resumed building Coco but other than that we saw no rebuilding toward I believe what is the North end of Orient. I am directionly challenged! We walked around KKO which looked very pretty; it was early so they were just setting up.

Hello to TednJan who we’ve run into several times at LaPlaya.

We cut our beach time a bit earlier than normal to avoid the near 40-minute traffic crawl we were caught in the day before coming through Marigot to Cole Bay. I won’t complain as it was the only traffic we hit in near 2 weeks.

Decided to stop at the Yacht club for a drink and Grouper fingers. Still fluffy, moist and delish as ever. Frozen Lemon Drop ain’t bad either. LOL.

[Linked Image]

There were some issues with the drawbridge so it took several closing down the road with the gate, reopen to traffic, repeat, repeat twice more as the catamarans lined up inside the marina to leave. Eventually success with the drawbridge opening as we watched a small succession of boats go by.

We are now down to four (insert sad face) so while we missed our other friends we did manage to have a small intimate dinner at Frenchy Ludo's with Mike and Billy. We dined there many years ago when it was Saratoga's restaurant.

The view of the marina is so nice and with the cool breeze we opted to eat outdoors. Service was very good as was the food. David had the scallops on top of a crab risotto and I had a tuna encrusted in coconut panko and deep fried. Even though fried the tuna inside the ball had a tartare like consistency. No room for dessert for me.

Frenchy Ludo

Mike and I
[Linked Image]

Scallops with risotto
[Linked Image]

Caribbean Tuna encrusted in coconut panko -- as described on their menu
[Linked Image]

Early night for us as eating, drinking, sun has caught up with us.

Plan to spend today lounging at beautiful Beachside Villas.

Last edited by fabila; 11/08/2019 09:41 AM.