We took a ride around the island today with a stop at Bikini Beach. As you approach the beach from the walkway I noticed the sign. It was not there in March, although we were told coolers were not appreciated. Sadly, this seemed to only apply to English speaking people as a group of French joked with the beach attendant while drinking out of their cooler back in March. I did notice the cost of 2 (really nice) loungers and an umbrella was $20 US today and I believe it was $30 back in March.

Make your own choice about the cooler situation and Bikini but I am just reporting what I saw.

Coming down the hill where the old Poulet D'Orleans was we encountered 25+ motorcyclists, most riding wheelies, blocking traffic and hanging out in the street. They would take turns charging at oncoming cars, riding wheelies, smoking their tires and basically taunting anyone who needed to pass. The really sad thing about this is we saw ZERO law enforcement at all on either side of the island today. This motorcycle mess could have been a golden opportunity to perhaps save a life, and teach these punks a life lesson. They were basically ruling the street near the gas station at the bottom of the hill and daring anyone, local or tourist, to pass by them.

Lots of groups of cycles in other areas as well and most riding like idiots.

It will likely be a while before I have the urge to go anywhere on the French side, let alone spend any $$ there.

J.D.